Search
My Program Design Principles: 1st Edition- Kasey Esser

My Program Design Principles: 1st Edition

This is going to sound kind of weird, but the other day, I just sat and thought for a few hours.   Have you ever done that? Just taken time to think?   And I’m not talking about sitting around and playing Candy Crush, while thinking every now and then (have mercy if I get one more invitation to play that game on Facebook…I will not be broken!)     I’m talking about just sitting and thinking.  No Facebook, no TV…just you and maybe a pencil and paper.   It was actually a pretty powerful exercise.   And I...

Monday Motivation: Installment 36- Kasey Esser

Monday Motivation: Installment 36

I want to share a quote I came across the other day…   “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid.  Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” - Larry Winget   When I saw this quote, I knew right away that it was worthy of a Monday Motivation post…because it’s true!   Think about it in terms of your fitness.  When you are feeling fat or out-of-shape, are those the times when you are keeping a training log and writing out your weekly workout...

How to Lose Fat

I would say about 90% of my clients want to lose fat.   The other 10% were in a fat-loss mode at one point in their program, but now they are focused on building muscle, strength, and/or preparing for an athletic event.   Fat-loss is the number one fitness goal in the world and it is what keeps the vast majority of personal trainers and gyms in business.  To be a successful trainer, you simply have to be able to write effective programs for body composition.   Even if you aren’t a trainer...

Monday Motivation: Installment 35- Kasey Esser

Monday Motivation: Installment 35

You know those times in your really tough workouts when you feel like you could keel over at any moment?   For me, this tends to happen on squat day.  The squats aren’t completely awful, it’s the stuff I do after the squats that get me. The rear-foot elevated split squats, RDLs, etc.   During those sets, I simply have to block out the pain and remember that the set will end and I will be stronger.   This is a good metaphor for life, because we all encounter painful times and have the...